Technical Lead/senior Technical Lead Big Data
Summary of JobA revolution is brewing, and Absolutdata IS the epicentre of the revolution called Big Data – Amegatrend impacting every facet of business decision making. With our extensive experienceconverting big data into big insights, client are reaping large bottom-line and top-line results. Be itlarge amounts of data (Volume), fast changing or streaming data (Velocity) or multiple types of datasuch as unstructured data (Variety), traditional analytics are combined with emerging analytics suchas Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to connect data with business results.
Terabytes of data, Big Data Infrastructure, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive etc Do these words andphrases excite you and make you yearn for more? If yes, then we are looking for you. You will buildthe Big Data Infrastructure, understand the business need, recommend and finally build andimplement the most optimal solution. You will work closely with the operations and analytics teamsto understand data landscaping… requirements and build the systems, processes and teams requiredwhile maintaining scalability, security and reliability.
• 5-8 years of total IT experience working in back end applications with 2+ years of experiencewith Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and the related ecosystem
• Experience in end to end solution design including all the aspects like capacity planning,requirement gathering, effort estimations, optimizing solution stacks for maximum ROI
• Practical experience and in-depth understanding of Map Reduce
• Hands-on experience with Hive/Pig/Flume/Map-REDUCE/Sqoop/
• Strong Programming background with expertise in Java/python
• Data infrastructure tools landscape e.g cloud service providers, software, system monitoringtools and development environments
• Ability to program and guide team members on technical aspects
• Ability to craft documents that can explain complex ideas in simple terms in order to buildconsensus or educate
• Knowledge of R or any other Statistical Programming Language is a plus
• Graduate / Postgraduate in Computer Sciences or a related field
Absolutdata combines Decision Engineering with advanced analytics to transform how companiesacross the globe make decisions. Over a decade of global services expertise includes big data,advanced analytics, predictive modeling, marketing analytics, CRM, IoT solutions and datamanagement services. The NAVIK line of cloud-based products is changing the world by putting thepower of advanced analytics into the hands of marketing and sales teams, line-of-business managersand researchers. Together, these products and services empower Fortune 1000 companies to makebetter marketing investments, create more lucrative customers, achieve operational excellence andcompete at a higher level. Founded in 2001, Absolutdata is based in San Francisco and employs 450professionals across offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, London, Singapore,Dubai and Gurgaon. For more information visit the Absolutdata website, read our , and follow uson and . .
Skills Required :
Data warehousing principles, big data platform, RDBMS concepts, architecture, data modelling, solutioning, spark, scala, python, HQL, Cloudera/Hortonworks