Purpose and Scope of position
This position contributes to our success by:
1. Leading the store operations & the team of store partners to create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners.
2.The main areas of work of a store manager involves reaching sales targets and increasing profits, dealing with customer service issues, staff management, safety and security issues.
3.The store manager is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with TATA Starbucks Limited guiding principle
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning partners; following up on work results.
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with customers and other partners who are in a position to understand service requirements.
• Maintains and models a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or… unusual events. Continues to keep store operating to standard and sets a positive example for the shift team
• Exhibits a willingness and desire to share coffee knowledge and stories with others
• Displays a ‘customer first’ attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
• Solicits feedback from the customers
• Supervisory Responsibilities:
• Interviewing & training partners, planning, assigning and directing work
• Regular interaction/ review with the team
• Encourage team to take independent decisions
• Conduct goal setting
• Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution and measuring results
• Review performance to achieve organizational goals
• Gather & evaluate employees performance
• Appraising performance
• Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Coaching, counselling, and disciplining
• Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
• Drives coffee conversations within the team and creates a culture of coffee appreciation
• Achieves financial objectives based on the annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
• Manage store revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation and delivery of deposits to bank
• Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
• Analyses sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits
• Manages and motivates the team to increase sales and ensure efficiency
• Manages stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
• Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
• Makes timely yet thoughtful decisions even when information is incomplete; considers multiple options/alternatives before committing to a course of action
• Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
• Conducts regular store meetings
• Accountable to improve and increase store performance for the growth of the organisation
Living Our Misson And Values
Helping Others Succeed
Winning With Integrity
Summary of Experience & Education
• Minimum 12th pass (ideally, IHM student or hotel management graduate)
• Latte Art expert
• Has in-depth knowledge of Coffee