If you’re thinking ‘scale’, think bigger and don’t stop there. At Walmart Labs Bengaluru, we don’t just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart Labs and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. That’s Walmart Labs Bengaluru for you. With fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We’re changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from… the physical stores, to mobile, social and even online; we’re not just ready for the future of shopping, we’re creating it.
The Global Data Organisation(GDO) team @ Walmart Labs in Bangalore provides Data Foundation Infrastructure, Visualization Portal, Machine Learning Platform, Customer platform and Data Science products that form part of core platforms and services that drive Walmart business. The group also develops analytical products for several verticals like supply chain, pricing, customer, HR etc.
Our team which is part of GDO Bangalore is responsible for creating the Customer Platform which is a one stop shop for all customer analytics for Walmart stores, a Machine Learning Platform that provides end-to-end infrastructure for Data Scientists to build ML solutions and an Enterprise Analytics group that provides analytics for HR, Global Governance and Security. The team is responsible for time critical, business critical and highly reliable systems that influence almost every part of the Walmart business. The team is spread over multiple locations and the Bangalore centre owns critical end to end pieces, that we design, build and support.
As part of the Customer Analytics Team @Walmart Labs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference by being a part of development team that builds products at Walmart scale, which is the foundation of Customer Analytics across Walmart. One of the key attribute of this job is that you are required to continuously innovate and apply technology to provide business 360 view of Walmart customers.
• Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide drive value from data at Walmart Scale
• Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
• Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome product features to keep platform ahead of market scenarios.
• Identify right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/Pilot and/or interacting with various open source forums
• Develop and/or Contribute to add features that enable customer analytics at Walmart scale
• Deploy and monitor products on Cloud platforms
• Develop and implement best-in-class monitoring processes to enable data applications meet SLAs
• Experience in building platforms and frameworks using Java
• Expertise in building micro services REST API, HTTP
• Expertise in building Frameworks around Big Data distributed technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Elastic search , Apache Storm and Cassandra
• Knowledge in at least one cloud platform Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
• Experience in building scalable/highly available distributed systems in production.
• Understanding of stream processing with expert knowledge on Kafka and either Spark streaming or Storm.
• Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD, Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system.
• Well versed with DevOps model of CI and CD
• Knowledge in ETL platforms on Big Data tech stack
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
Big data, Java
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Staff Software Engineer