Software Engineer – Mobile(Android)
About the Company
Avoma is an intelligent meeting assistant for business people to automate some of the common tasks required for any business meeting. We leverage NLP and machine learning techniques to summarize meeting notes and extract key topics and action items discussed.
About the Role
Avoma is taking its AI meeting assistant mobile. We are looking for an software engineer to take ownership of our mobile platform.
• Design, code and test our mobile application
• Take ownership of modules which you have developed. You will make sure that our products stay scalable, survivable, and consistent as we continue to grow as a company.
• Collaborate with the backend team and contribute to features if you have the inclination to do so (full stack mobile development)
• Collaborate with UI/UX and product managers to design and develop solutions
We use Django framework of Python to build our backend platform and React.js for our frontend application.
In your… first 30 days, you will become familiar with our technology and company. You will be assigned a mentor and work with the CTO to create a plan to develop and deploy the V1 of the mobile app.
You should have:
• Atleast 3 years of experience in Android development
• Experince taking an app from design to deployment in the app store
• Experience interfacing with RESTful APIs
• Experience writing scalable, high-performant and clean code
• B.S./B.E. in Computer Science or relevant engineering field
• Excellent in both spoken and written communication skills
Bonus points for:
• Experience with Python and/or Django
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with Android
• Experience in Machine learning, NLP, Audio Processing
• M.S. in Computer Science or relevant engineering field
We offer a very competitive market salary and significant stock options for the early founding team members.
Avoma focuses on SaaS, Sales and Marketing, Productivity Software, and Intelligent Assistants. Their company has offices in Palo Alto. They have a small team that’s between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.avoma.com/ or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn