Software Engineer – Android
At Shipsy, we aspire to be at the forefront of technology with next-generation products that change the way logistics is managed, and positively impact millions of people.
Over the past 6 years, Shipsy has gained a dominant share in the domestic logistics space with over 30% of the India courier/express industry flowing through our system. We have also gained a foothold in international markets with companies in Saudi Arabia, UAE, North Africa, and Southeast Asia using our platform.
Global trade still largely runs on a messy chain of emails and excel files. Trillions of dollars of trade essentially run on a platform called email. Shipsy is there to solve this problem. Shipsy’s SaaS-based platform helps businesses manage all aspects of international trade – working with vendors to procure rates for shipping, having a digital workflow management platform to complete all documentation related activities, integrations with global shipping lines to bring about an end… to end visibility, and reducing invoicing errors through smart AI-based reconciliation. ~10% of India’s global trade through its platform, thereby helping 5 of the top 10 exporters and importers reduce costs and get end-to-end shipment visibility. With roots growing in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, Shipsy is quickly becoming the de-facto platform to manage international trade.
Shipsy has recently raised investment from Sequoia Capital’s Surge and Info Edge (~$8m, till date).
Our team is comprised of excellent individuals from top institutes across the country like IITs, IIITs, NITs with experience in Big Data, Software Architecture, ML, AI, Robotics, Blockchain. In combination, we have previously worked at Samsung Korea, MIT Media Labs, CMU Robotics, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Samsung Research, GE Research, Qualcomm Research, etc., and have also been entrepreneurs. We have numerous research publications and patents. The core team has computer scientists, electrical engineers from IIT Delhi and Madras, and this core tech focus would contribute tremendously to your learning.
Shipsy is looking for an Android developer to join our Android team. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
On top of that, Android engineers create and ship new features as critical members of the product development team. As an Android engineer, you’ll ship new products and make our frameworks reliable, reusable, and fast.
• Work with a small team of mobile engineers to build our Android platform.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
• Design, build and maintain reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
• Improve our code quality and code organization.
• write and maintain unit and integration tests for our Android Apps
• 3+ years of experience in Android application development.
• 1+ Years of experience in Flutter application development.
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Experience with MVVM, MVP Patterns.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Knowledge of Flutter application and UI development, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Familiarity with the use of Android APIs, such as GPS and bluetooth
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Passion for mobile products and personal projects or other work on the Play Store are a plus.
• A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Experience with Writing unit tests using JUnit/Mockito
• Experience in writing Integration/UI tests with Espresso
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of development from performance to UI.
• Knowledge about mobile devices to decide implementation tradeoffs correctly.
• Free breakfast, dinner and snacks at the office
• Monthly team outings, e.g., laser tag, paintball, football, trampoline etc.
• Quarterly team parties and annual offsite
• Company sponsored enrolment worth 40K annually to online learning resources like Coursera, edX etc.
• International trip vouchers for top performers
• Company sponsored asset purchase worth 50K
• Games in office – Mini golf, pool, foosball
• Regular tech seminars
Our hiring principles
• We don’t care about the stack you’ve worked upon, we look good understanding of fundamentals.
• We look for depth in the work experience. Our tech stack consists of almost all the latest technologies and we expect people to learn fast and acquire sufficient depth.
• We look for people passionate about technology and are good team players