Software Development Engineer II – Big Data
Expedia Group (EG) revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a hardworking and focused team from all over the world – with 20,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds, and approaches.As Customer Data Platform Team we are making traveller data accessible and actionable. Our Mission is to build the travel industry’s premier customer data platform to delight the users’ trips experiences through Identification, Personalization, AI, recommendations and targeted marketing.We are looking for a passionate and experienced Data Engineer. Your main responsibility will be working with the team and our customers/collaborators to analyse, define, design, and engineer Customer Data Product’s needs, wants along with bringing innovation and raising the bar to best in class… and beyond in a true Agile environment.Who you’ll do:
• Apply wide range of Data Engineering/Technological skills for developing, maintaining and modernizing our CDP product suites/eco-system in real-time processing.
• Build solutions to adds value from Data Engineering to our customers, collaborators and stakeholders.
• Drive toward Best in class Customer Data Platform/Products, Real Time Data Processing at Huge Scale, Continuous Delivery, Ops Excellence.
Who you are:
• Experienced and Expertise in Big Data eco-system and strong Data Engineering Fundamentals. You should have done at least 2 end-to-end enterprise executions at scale.
• Good hold on Distributed messaging, computing concepts, techniques and their hands-on implementation.
• HDFS, Spark, Map- Reduce programming, Kafka, Hive…
• Strong understanding and experience in relational (SQL) and analytical databases (noSQLs).
• OLTP, OLAP, Cubes, Writing and troubleshoot complex SQLs.
• At least 1 NoSQL database (MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch …).
• ETL, Data transformation, Data pipelines – collecting/aggregating data from transactional systems/events to analytical ones, have them distributed computing on cloud/on prem.
• Data Visualisation – Tableau etc.
• Software programming life cycle experience – Analysis, Design, Coding, Integration, Testing. Have enterprise end to end software development experience.
• Understand organisation’s need and able to apply solutions, tools, best practices from an immediate/dire need to a long-term perspective/vision with a strong focus on Quality.
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical aptitude.
• Flexible and Adaptive to change.
• Able to communicate well across different user groups/verticals.
• Time management and prioritization with Agile mindset.
• You should be a good Team Player, able to switch and wear different role caps.
Why join usExpedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the ability of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where remarkable people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.Whether you’re applying to Engineering or Customer Support, Marketing, or Lodging Supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We strive passionately for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age..Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age