Senior Software Engineer(C++ Developer)
LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group)
As a Server-Side Developer at Refinitiv’s Trading Platform, you are able to tackle a broad range of projects focused on low latency, high speed applications in multiple languages and platforms on Linux, back end database and inter-process communication, you should be comfortable in all tiers and have a willingness to learn new skills as we evolve with the changing technology landscape. Successful server-side developers take ownership of the products that we ship, and as such are expected to work with Product Management to determine business requirements, come up with high level designs, evaluate build vs buy options, work with QA in testing and deliver and maintain the product in production. At Refinitiv, we value the ability to think and learn over simply being well-versed in a particular language, as this allows for us to be nimble and not depend on a particular flavor of the month.
Required for all developers and lead roles
• BS/MS in… Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Strong C++ skills (e.g. memory management, STL, concurrency and multi-threading etc.)
• Proficient in Linux operating system
• Object oriented design and development
• Deep understanding of enterprise message architectures.
• Build and Deploy frameworks such as Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef
• Work well in a team and independently
• Strong communication skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Willingness to learn, support and grow the business (including software, team and processes)
Technical Lead Qualifications
Required for lead role
• Strong documentation and presentation skills
• Ability to design and defend solutions to management
• Experience managing development team (design analysis, constructive feedback, running daily huddle, etc)
Beneficial for knowledge transfer and likely future development, but not required for position
• Trading domain knowledge (stock market, FIX, trading engines, exchanges, etc)
• Agile software development process (daily huddle, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.)
• Source control (Git/GitHub/GitFlow)
• Inter-process communication (TCP/IP, UDP/multicast, etc.)
• Testing frameworks (GoogleTest, Junit, mockito)
• Java-related skills (IntelliJ, Guice, Gradle, etc)
• Common Java design patterns (Dependency Injection, Strategy, Factory, etc)
• Test driven development
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice