Senior eCAD Tools Application Engineer
do you want to be a part of an exciting and growing hardware team? do you want to help design path breaking products? microsoft’s hardware teams consist of progressive, diverse, and exceptionally creative professionals who design, test and manufacture some of the best-loved entertainment devices in the world. our teams ship tens of millions of hardware products every year including surface pro, surface hub, surface laptop, xbox one, hololens, a full accessories lineup, and more. microsoft is the destination for the brightest minds in entertainment device design. come be part of what’s next. we are seeking qualified candidates for ecad engineer to support various hardware projects at microsoft corporation. successful candidate will be the primary focal point for ecad tools development, library development, and support activities, working very close to electrical engineers and layout design teams, to ensure we run world class tools environment. this candidate will contribute to the… evolution of the design process and tools as our organization continues to grow and will be part of testing and evaluating new tools or tools features. candidate is expected to enhance our tools and tools environment by creating programs and utilities that increase the productivity of the engineers and librarians. additionally, this person will help documenting application notes and user-guides. person will also provide basic and advanced training and q&a sessions on the ecad tools and programs created.
• develop, test and document custom programs and utilities that work standalone or provide additional capabilities for ecad tools, library development and maintenance.
• responsible for developing and maintaining ecad tools and tools environment.
• troubleshoot and resolve design issues related to the ecad tools and work proactively to implement preventative solutions.
• drive ecad tools usage process and methodologies and related integrations to other systems.
• conduct trainings on ecad tools, programs, and internal processes.
• experience and proven track record with programming languages like c#, tcl and skill in the high-tech industry is a must.
• experience using cadence allegro pcb editor and tools environment.
• knowledge of ecad library symbol and footprint creation.
• knowledge and experience of ecad simulation and simulation environment is a plus.
• knowlodge and experience of cadence dehdl or orcad is a plus
• hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume electronic product.
• requires strong technical problem-solving skills, managing through ambiguity, organizing and documentation skills.
• interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
• excellent project management, communication and teamwork skills required.
• bachelor’s degree in electronics or electrical engineering or 10 years of experience in eda/ecad designing