Senior Data Engineer – Java/Bigdata, Data Platform
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa is a global payments technology company, Tech is at the heart of what we do:
Our VisaNet network, processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates… for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how.
You may have noticed that payment has become a very active/hot area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform Department is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
The Data Platform team is a key component of Visa’s Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services that drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Data Platform team is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The department maintains over 100 petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients.
The Data as a Service (DaaS) Data Assets Group in the Data Platform team develops techniques, platforms, systems, and services to ensure the data pipeline development and services are efficient, high quality, rich, and easy to use.
Visa is seeking highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiast for Data Platform team.
The successful candidate will work as a Senior Data Engineer and be part of the Data as a Service team to design and develop solutions for all data requirements. The ideal candidate will bring robust technical strength in developing solutions in extremely high volume, low latency ETL workflow design and also bring an excellent understanding of data. This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched.
Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
• Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions using Big Data & Java etc.
• Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements
• Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
• Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
• Create technical documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
• Write Unit Tests covering known use cases using appropriate tools
• Integrate test frameworks in development process
• Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
• Work with operations to get the solutions deployed
• Take ownership of production deployment of code
• Collaborating with and/or lead cross functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
• Come up with Coding and Design best practices
• Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
• Adapting fast to new application knowledge and changes
• Bachelors in Computer Science, or Information Systems or related field from one of the top institutes
• 4+ years of experience in data technologies and applications development
• 2+ years of experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig scripts, Sqoop on Linux/Unix environment
• Agile & waterfall development experience
• Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Language – Java/ Python
• Strong algorithms and data structures
• Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions for QA challenges and constraints
• Strong knowledge of database concepts and UNIX/LINUX
• Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (DB2)
• Experience using version control and bug tracking tools
• Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Comfortable learning new technologies quickly
• Experience leading a small team good to have
• Excellent team player
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines