Senior Data and Analytics Engineer
Senior Data and Analytics Engineer
Number of Years of Work Experience: 4-6
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related technical discipline.
Target Start Date: As soon as possible
Number of Positions Available: 1
Hiring Manager: John Alexander Lopez
Are you a Data and Analytics Engineer who is passionate about exploring and applying technology to help build robust, high-performance analytics solutions in the cloud? Are you keen on engaging in an agile process, iteratively delivering and applying design patterns/architectures correctly? Do you possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team?
We are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building big data platforms and intelligence solutions that are impactful in real world products to help unburden clinicians, radiologists and care teams with efficient new ways to capture clinical information, applying real-time intelligence for… better decision making across the continuum of care.
In this role, you will be partnering closely with software developers, product owners, product managers and big data architects to collect and process large volumes of data and translate them into actionable insights. Furthermore, you will be accountable for building and operationalizing critical components and tools to ensure the data coming in and going out are of the highest data quality and integrity.
You are a great fit for this position if you:
• Have strong passion in building reliable, accurate datasets that power end-to-end user scenarios and used in business decisions.
• Highly believe that data is an asset that must be accessible to and applicable by every function in a modern business to guide and assess growth investments.
• Are passionate about Data and Analytics Engineering and believe that it is one of a kind emerging discipline and career path that you want to grow in.
• Enjoy building and operating data services to enable data driven organizations.
As a Data and Analytics Engineer on our team, you will have the incredible opportunity to work on business-critical initiatives that directly contribute to the future of Nuance Healthcare division. Some of your responsibilities include:
• Design and develop ETL pipelines using Azure Synapse Analytics.
• Build PowerBI reports for complex analytical requirements.
• Enable rapid prototyping of ideas for immediate feedback.
• Engage internal/external teams as appropriate to support the deployment of solutions, to assist with monitoring the system and to resolve errors/failures/throughput bottlenecks.
• Innovate on technical and functional areas bringing efficiency on engineering fundamentals for the Diagnostics Data and Analytics team.
• Strong understanding of Azure Synapse Analytics architecture and its features (Dedicated SQL pools, Serverless SQL pools, Serverless Apache Spark pools).
• Experience building PowerBI reports.
• Experience moving data across different data repositories using Azure Synapse Analytics:Creating ETL pipelines to move data from data sources (e.g., flat files, Azure SQL databases, CosmosDB containers, etc.) to a data lake (ADLS).Creating ETL pipelines to move data from ADLS to Synapse dedicated SQL pools.Creating Synapse notebooks in Azure Synapse Analytics.
• Strong programming skills in one of the following languages: PySpark (Python), Spark (Scala), Spark SQL or .NET (C#).
• Clear understanding of ETL/ELT, Data Modeling, and BI systems fundamentals including data warehouse/data mart modelling (e.g., dimensions, fact tables, slowly changing dimensions (SCD)).
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Effective written & verbal communication skills.
• Positive attitude, able to work well with others as well as with minimal supervision.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Microsoft Certification (Azure Data Engineer, Data Analyst or Data Scientist Associate) is a plus.
• Experience with Modern DevOps practices (including Git, CI/CD, Azure DevOps/VSTS).
• Experience using Azure native monitoring (e.g., Azure Monitor, Log Analytics).
• Knowledge of Kusto Query Language (KQL).
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries,
bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically
challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our