Senior Business Technology Analyst – Big Data (Pune, India)
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS’s India Capability & Expertise Center (CEC) houses more than 60% of ZS people across three offices in New Delhi, Pune and Bengaluru. Our teams work with colleagues across North America, Europe and East Asia to create and deliver real… world solutions to the clients who drive our business. The CEC maintains standards of analytical, operational and technological excellence across our capability groups. Together, our collective knowledge enables each ZS team to deliver superior results to our clients.
SENIOR BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY ANALYST
The Solution Delivery team implements technology-based solutions in the areas of business intelligence, analytics, information management, reporting and mobility. In addition, this team configures ZS’ proprietary software used to streamline business processes for commercial groups at client organizations. This team takes overall ownership of the delivery of the technical solution leading the design and development phases and collaborating with other teams for business requirements and system testing.
• Lead design and development phases during the implementation of world-class technology solutions to solve business problems across multiple client engagements.
• Partner with solution delivery lead to build comprehensive implementation project plans with well-defined tasks and owners.
• Leverage information from the requirements-gathering phase and utilize past experience to design a flexible and scalable solution.
• Apply appropriate development methodologies (e.g.: agile, waterfall) and best practices (e.g.: mid-development client reviews, embedded QA procedures, unit testing) to ensure successful and timely completion.
• Collaborate with other team members (involved in the requirements gathering, testing, roll-out, and operations phases) to ensure seamless transitions.
• Able to lead design discussions and participate actively in design/code review sessions
• Bachelor’s/master’s degree with a specialization in Computer or IT or other computer-related disciplines.
• 4-6 years of relevant consulting-industry experience working on medium-large scale technology solution delivery engagements.
• Experience of working with Big Data and Hadoop File System (HDFS)
• Have hands-on experience in writing MapReduce jobs in one of the following – Java, Pig, Impala, and Python
• Strong knowledge of Hive/Impala and Hive/Impala analytical functions
• Capturing data from existing databases that provide SQL interfaces using Sqoop
• Good hands-on experience of automation using oozie
• Experience in working on Cloudera distribution is preferable
• Experience with development on AWS (Amazon web services) is preferable
• Excellent knowledge of NoSQL platforms Cassandra and Neo4j
• Knowledge and application of full-text search engine library like Apache Lucene
• Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. R, Mahout) will be an added Advantage
• Experience in coding in Java – preferable
• Experience in Linux/Unix scripting is preferable
• Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate results and issues to internal and client teams.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Ability to work within a virtual global team environment and contribute to the overall timely delivery of multiple projects.
• Knowledge of current issues, practices, methodologies, and trends in the Business Intelligence domain.
• Willingness to travel to other global offices as needed to work with a client or other internal project teams.
• Flair for coding and learning new domain is desirable
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, plus an attractive benefits package.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Connect with ZS in India on social media:
• Like ZS in India on Facebook
• Follow ZS in India on Twitter and Instagram
• Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
• Subscribe to the ZS in India YouTube channel
• Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS’s accolades