ISS | Institutional Shareholder Services
Seeking a motivated Revenue Accountant to be part of a global Finance Team, working directly under the Revenue Manager to perform day-to-day and month-end revenue duties. The candidate will work closely with multiple teams across the company on a daily basis. The individual must be detail oriented, fast learner and able to demonstrate knowledge of revenue recognition accounting.
• Review Sales Orders to ensure correct setup for proper revenue recognition.
• Review invoices, credit memos, and contracts to ensure the accuracy of revenue recorded and deferred revenue balances.
• Run monthly global deferred revenue amortization and prepare revenue-related journal entries.
• Prepare pending and unbilled accrual files for monthly entry posting.
• Prepare monthly entity revenue files for monthly analytics.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation for accounts receivable, deferred revenues, revenues, commissions, etc. support
• Review unprocessed credit memos and… contracts on hold to determine monthly revenue impact to make the necessary entry when applicable.
• Ad-hoc projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree required (BS in Accounting/Finance or BA in Business, with Accounting/Finance concentration)
• Minimum 4-10 years of accounting experience. Inter-CA or CA is desired.
• Experience analyzing P&L, balance sheet accounts, and performing variance analyses.
• Experience preparing accruals.
• Experience performing complex account reconciliations.
• Experience working for a multinational company.
• Excellent Excel skills.
• Experience with US GAAP or IFRS. Familiarity with ASC-606 or IFRS-15 is desired.
• Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and hard-working. A roll up your sleeves attitude.
• Contract/revenue accounting experience is a plus.
• System knowledge in NetSuite and Salesforce preferred.
• A team-oriented individual with excellent communication skills, outgoing, and confident.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.