Principal Clinical Coder
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits… program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Proven record of Lead experience in multicenter large studies.
• Experience in liaison with sponsor counter parts on Coding convention, Specification, and coding decision process.
• Analytical experience in trend analysis in QC and consistency findings.
• Lead experience in Coding QC process.
• Experience in coding resource management, pricing, Bidding and coding tool development preferred.
• Assist Coding Management in overall coding metrics and KPI management.
• Extensive knowledge of SDGs SMQs
• Extensive knowledge of dictionaries, browsers, up-versioning dictionaries, coding processes and coding tools, dictionary licenses
• Liaison with data management, programming and safety for all processes involving coding
• Sound technical knowledge in coding tool set up and implementation process.
• Experience in dictionary up-version and reversion process.
• Experience in defining coding specification, Dictionary schema and Auto coding algorithms preferred.
• Act as a SME for coding tool
• Sound Knowledge in Data management activities and depending on coding deliverables in DBL process.
• Experience in DB QC and UAT process.
• Experience in attending national / international meetings representing DM / Coding.
• Act as a SME for coding process and represent Coding team in DM meetings.
What We’re Looking For
• BS/BA Degree preferred in Biological sciences/Health care/Clinical Research.
• The ability to deal effectively with sponsors and internal customers at all levels.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment
• Experience working in a matrix-structured environment is preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail
• Ability to travel as necessary (up to 25%)
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Asia Pacific – IND-Home-Based
Yes, 25 % of the Time