About Simpl (getsimpl.com)
The thrill of working at a start-up that is starting to scale massively is something else. Simpl (FinTech startup of the year – 2020) was formed in 2015 by Nitya Sharma, an investment banker from Wall Street and Chaitra Chidanand, a tech executive from the Valley, when they teamed up with a very clear mission – to make money simple, so that people can live well and do amazing things. Simpl is the payment platform for the mobile-first world, and we’re backed by some of the best names in fintech globally (folks who have invested in Visa, Square and Transferwise), and has Joe Saunders, Ex Chairman and CEO of Visa as a board member.
Everyone at Simpl is an internal entrepreneur who is given a lot of bandwidth and resources to create the next breakthrough towards the long term vision of “making money Simpl”. Our first product is a payment platform that lets people buy instantly, anywhere online, and pay later. In the background, Simpl uses big data for credit… underwriting, risk and fraud modelling, all without any paperwork, and enables Banks and Non-Bank Financial Companies to access a whole new consumer market.
In place of traditional forms of identification and authentication, Simpl integrates deeply into merchant apps via SDKs and APIs. This allows for more sophisticated forms of authentication that take full advantage of smartphone data and processing power.
We are looking for an experienced (>3 years) mobile developer who is proficient with Android/iOS platforms along with exposure to React Native. You should have a sense of great ‘taste’ and be excited about building products with exceptional UX. You should be able to implement established best practices across the mobile platform including automation testing, continuous integration, and architectural patterns.
• Developing new user-facing features using Android/iOS and React Native
• Building reusable and platform specific components
• Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance on Android and iOS
• Brainstorm with designers & product managers to come up with product features
• Strong proficiency in tech stack (Java for Android developers & Swift, Objective-C for iOS developers)
• Thorough understanding of React Native and its core principles
• Experience with popular React Native workflows (for Routing, State container, etc)
• Experience with Native modules, bridging native code with React Native
• Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
• Experience with developing SDKs for Android or iOS platform is a plus
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs
• Familiarity with build pipelines and tools for mobile platforms
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization