Lead Software Engineer – Android
What you’ll be doing…
At BlueJeans by Verizon, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits to bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.
• Design and build applications, reusable code for the Android platform
• Participate in technical design and provides estimation.
• Overcomes roadblocks and requires minimal oversight.
• Becomes a go-to person in at least one area.
• Takes… initiatives to fix issues/tech debts before assigned to him/her
• Exhibit strong problem-solving skills, helps other developers and demonstrates teamwork.
• Has delivered projects with end-to-end accountability.
• Keeps track of industry trends and introduces right tech/tools for a given job.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have…
• A degree
• 5-8 years of experience in Android in a product-driven organization.
• Excellent understanding of Android design patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms.
• Experience in writing applications from scratch
• Experience with the Android NDK/JNI
• Excellent programming skills in Java/Kotlin.
• Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, drive and ability to deliver results.
• Should have experience in Reactive programming, Asynchronous programming and Unit Testing
• Experience in Media is a plus (Camera, Audio,etc)
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to integrate BlueJeans employees into Verizon, including its compensation and benefits programs, in due course. This position will be part of that planned integration.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more