Game Programmer, GT School (Remote) – $160,000/year USD
Crossover for Work
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, GT School. Have you got what it takes?
Are you a wizard at leading the design and development of amazing games? Do you want to channel your gaming expertise to make a more profound impact? Do you believe that software can be leveraged to revolutionize the education industry? If so, this is the role for you!
Education is the last great frontier for software! Even as software has transformed almost every industry, the education industry has largely been untouched by its magic. GT School wants to leverage software to pioneer the creation of the education metaverse.
This role will expose you to various technologies and force you to acquire and apply new technical skills, thus acting as a launchpad towards a successful career as a CTO. You will fast-track your learning by diving deep into the software systems for the education… industry to understand how they work and make decisions on how the latest cloud technology can be leveraged to rebuild great systems. You will not have to worry about making decisions based on business, legal, or cost implications. Instead, you can focus exclusively on generating insights and making technical decisions that drive simplicity and create long-term strategic impact.
If you share our obsession for technical simplicity and our passion for problem-solving, join us in creating an education metaverse!
What You Will Be Doing
• Making and documenting Important Technical Decisions (ITDs) that focus on simplicity after analyzing the data, evaluating alternatives, synthesizing critical insights, and applying logical reasoning.
What You Won’t Be Doing
• Making decisions based primarily on cost implications. Instead, you will make decisions focused on technical simplicity.
• Releasing specifications for new or updated products. Instead, you will prioritize important technical decisions.
Game Programmer Key Responsibilities
• Making insightful and detailed technical decisions regarding products and architecture components.
• Experience of being the senior-most decision-maker regarding technical design decisions for a games development team of at least 10 people
• At least 4 years of experience in making important architecture and design decisions on software projects, such as the application of architecture design patterns or significant open source technologies.
• At least 2 years of experience as a decision-maker for technical design decisions involving the use of cloud-computing services
• At least 2 years of experience in shipping production-quality code
About GT School
GT School is a stealth educational startup in Austin, Texas, the center of educational innovation in the US. We are building an online community focusing on the most underserved customer base in US education – GT kids (gifted and talented). We are a remote first company who hires globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $80 USD/hour, which equates to $160,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
• You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
• Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
• First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
• Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
• Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
• If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4644-IN-Bengalur-GameProgrammer.011