FR Senior Accountant
The Citco Group Limited
FR Senior Accountant
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About The Team & Business Line
Fund Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Financial Statement Preparation team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
• Under limited supervision, prepare and review… annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required. Compile and review the balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes, cash flow, footnotes and additional schedules as required
• Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports such as Form PF, Form SLT and others
• Contribute to strong regulatory reporting relationships through interactions with internal parties, client, regulators (SEC) and audit firm personnel
• Writing and/or reviewing various reports related to engagements. Prepare adhoc reports for the client upon request. Troubleshoot Fund Accounting and client issues. Attend meetings and training to enhance knowledge
• Ensure accuracy of footnote disclosures via review of legal documents governing the fund
• Present to or exchange information internally, with clients and outside auditors. Coordinate year-end financial statement process
• Identify errors or problems and independently investigate; recommend solutions to team members or supervisors
• Work under limited supervision. Follow established procedures. Plan own work. Suggest methods and procedures for new work assignments, reviewing with supervisor for input or approval
• Assist in development of training programs for accountants in all aspects of financial reporting and the alternative fund industry.
• Four to six years of asset management accounting experience in either an Accounting Firm, Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund Administrator, Mutual Fund or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge
• Previous Financial Statement Preparation experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics with a minimum of 9 Accounting credits
• Excellent communication skills.
Your wellbeing is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection