Engineer – Firmware Developer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer- Firmware Developer in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Coding, Testing, and Release) following a structured engineering process to ensure quality and reliability
• Design, implement, and test control algorithms, protocols, and communication technologies
• Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Product Management, Field Service, Operations, and other Engineering teams during the product development life cycle
• Develop… supporting engineering documentation including software requirements specifications, design documentation and design verification test plans
• Ensure the product specifications are complete, accurate and achievable
• Estimate workload, establish, and maintain project schedules and monitor progress through the project execution phases
• Drive a technology design with a team of engineers both locally and remote
• Search for and apply technologies that can improve product performance, reduce development time, or reduce cost
• Effectively communicate with the cross-functional team to ensure schedule, cost and performance alignment.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
• Desired: Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
• 3+ years of experience in Embedded (C & C++) Programming & multi-threaded application development in an Embedded Linux environment
• Linux Yocto project development experience
• Experience with low-level embedded software design and development, including board bring-up testing and debugging
• Knowledge and experience with ARM-based microcontrollers
• Experience with low-level interfaces to hardware: DMA, UART, I2C, GPIO, Serial Flash, etc.
• Experience with full life cycle software development including requirements, design, development, and testing
• Knowledge and experience in the implementation of open-source IP-based standard communications protocol stacks.
• * Experience with TI Sitara AM335x processor hardware
• Familiarity with WiFi, GPS, and hardware security module (HSM) implementations
• Familiarity with software configuration and change management processes and tools (Git, Jira, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience with GNU Tool Chain/Eclipse Linux Tools
• Experience in Agile design methodologies
• Strong problem solving and embedded debugging skills
• Knowledge of OSI model. Design, implementation, and/or simulation of communications protocols based upon those communications system principles
• Knowledge of basic concepts of RF and wireless communications
• Familiarity with Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) protocols and RFC standards
• Familiarity with ANSI C12.18, C12.19 metering standards.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SD1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time