Data Scientist II, Product Analytics
Are you passionate about data and analytics? Do you want to be at the forefront of a truly customer-centric organization?
We are looking for a data scientist to join our Global Product Analytics Team! As a core member of team, you will be working with data and applying advanced analytics techniques in a lively and stimulating environment. Your insights will be used to enhance our customer value proposition, improve customer acquisition and engagement, deliver an outstanding product and shopping experience, and better understand the customer behavior across brands owned by Expedia Group.
The data scientist will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, enjoy working on multiple tasks and projects at the same time. Critical to your success in this role is a love of data (we love data!) and developing insightful analysis that drives innovation to delight customers’ trip shopping experience. This role will support Flight line of business.
What You’ll Do
• Apply your… expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, and data visualization to provide the best product experiences for our travelers
• Serve as a trusted partner, working collaboratively with various teams to perform analysis and provide insights, and maintain regular communication to update partners on progress made on projects
• Present customer behavior insights, identify customer issues and business opportunities to the Product, Engineering, and UX teams to build the outstanding site and app for customers around the globe going on a trip
• Work directly with business owners and technical specialists to create, plan, and analyze product experimentation
• Responsible for developing and presenting business requirements to data management team in order to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses
Who You Are
• 3+ years of work experience doing quantitative analysis to tackle business problems.
• A Bachelor’s degree in at least one science, technology, engineering or mathematics field.
• Possessing strong analytical skills, including the ability to break down business scenarios into constituent parameters.
• Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL or other programming languages (R, Python)
• Excellent communicator to tell stories with data
• Understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing (ex. Confidence Interval, Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis)
• Experience applying visualization tools such as building Tableau reports.
• Experience in Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is a plus
• Curiosity and passion for making an impact.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age