Data Scientist II, Amazon Business
“Amazon Science gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.”
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
Amazon Business is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, focused on enabling business customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy products in bulk quantities to run their business smoothly… Business customers have different and more complex needs than the traditional Amazon customer base. We operate in the US, EU5, Canada, Japan and India. And we are continually expanding to new countries.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Scientist to be part of the Amazon Business organization. This is a great opportunity to innovate and provide the best customer experience in the entire journey of purchase, right from product discovery to post purchase experiences. This is your chance to make an impact of multi-trillion-dollars on your own.
In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact. You will work with Business Intelligence Engineers, Financial Analysts, Product Managers, Software Engineers, Data Engineers, and other Data Scientists, to build new and enhance existing ML models to optimize customer experience. A successful Data Scientist at Amazon has extreme bias for action and operates in a startup environment, with outstanding leadership skills, proven ability to build and manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify data requirements, build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. We need great leaders to think big and design new solutions to solve complex problems using machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) techniques to improve our customers’ experience when using AB.
We are seeking someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical people who know their subject matter deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who know how to deliver results and show a desire to develop themselves, their colleagues, and their career.”
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
• Minimum of 3+ years hands-on experience as a Data Scientist performing statistical analysis, data visualization and machine learning on big data
• Proficiency with SQL, Spark, Python, R, or Scala
• Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to deliver timely insights
• Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements.
• Master’s/PhD degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline
• 6+ years of experience as Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists
• Experience with extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantities via AWS technologies, SQL, and data pipelines
• Ability to translate business requirements into science problems. Independently define problem formulation and create scalable solutions
• Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate models, trends, analysis, anomalies and results
• Proven track in leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and insights to non-experts
• Experience with retail or e-commerce
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Company – Amazon Dev Center India – Hyd
Job ID: A1852727