Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we’re all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners… This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
As a Data Scientist at Quince, you will get an opportunity to build Machine Learning solutions from scratch, work closely with engineers to set up the ML & DS infrastructure to put your models into production and work on opportunities across the business functions.
This role requires high technical aptitude, problem-solving abilities, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and a passion for data discovery. This is a critical role where you will be the center of innovation and experimentation and a major contributor to the company’s success.
• Understand the business function’s requirements to clearly define the Data Science problem
• Be able to identify data sources and create relevant features for model induction
• Build, deploy, monitor, and optimize machine learning models; design, run and analyze experiments
• Be able to clearly and effectively communicate insights to the stakeholders and leaders
• Build and evangelize a data-driven environment at Quince
• Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field with 2-4 years of relevant work experience; demonstrable history of driving impactful data/ML projects
• Extensive and hands-on experience as a Data Scientist with a strong knowledge of modeling techniques and their advantages/drawbacks; competent in data science principles, processes, and tools
• Proficiency in Python (along with the data science libraries in Python) and in-depth understanding of SQL; knowledge of Snowflake, SageMaker, and ML Frameworks is a plus
• Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts such as experimental design and hypothesis testing, Strong problem solving and communication skills; ability to relay outcomes and insights to senior stakeholders for informed business decisions
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know