Qualfon Advanced Technology Center PVT LTD
The Data Scientist role at its core links business strategy to the data. He/she will transform structured or unstructured data into actionable information and predictive models to make a big impact across the organization. This individual will break down important problems by applying the full data science toolkit and provide insights to stakeholders across the organization.
• You will be mining and analyzing data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement to processes in need. You will help create analytical solutions that range from developing and delivering correlation and optimization models on mission critical KPIs of the business to translating them into actionable plans.
• In this role, you’ll dive into complex data sets across a rich variety of business functions, clients, and geographies injecting your analytics thinking to meaningful projects.
• You will shape solutions tailored to the needs of our clients, applying various models and… techniques found in Operations Research such as linear and non-linear programming, regression and correlation analysis, hypothesis testing, Bayesian optimization, and other stochastic-process modeling tools. Statistics and statistical programming languages (e.g., R, Python, SQL) will be of extensive use.
• As part of the Process Optimization Engineering Team, you will lead a group of engineers (mostly 6 Sigma Black Belt holders) to accomplish your plans and further develop their data analytics skills as deemed necessary.
• Assist with internal assessments of workflow processes to identify inefficiencies and propose more streamlined processes via the use of Business Process Reengineering tools.
• As a data scientist at Qualfon, you will have the opportunity to work within a continuous improvement culture, with over 1500 current leaders holding 6 Sigma Green Belt certifications. You will have in-depth exposure to multiple industries and Fortune 500 clients. You’ll also benefit from our established, formal leadership and consulting trainings to support your personal and professional goals.
• Mastery of analytical skills with attention to detail. Proficiency in statistical analysis, machine learning process, computer science principles, and basic programming principles is expected.
• Strong data storytelling ability – ability to produce actionable information/insights, not just data computation
• Experience working with large data sets and relational databases, statistical and data-mining techniques.
• A collaborative spirit and the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both colleagues and clients.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze issues, identify causes, and recommend solutions quickly.
• Strong knowledge of programming languages and CASE tools, with a focus on machine learning and advanced analytics (such as R, Python, SQL, and Power BI).
• Lean 6 Sigma Black Belt certification desirable.
• Personnel management experience desirable.
• 5+ years of work experience in Data Science related responsibilities, including project chartering, planning, and team management
• Mastery solving complex business problems involving a heavy amount of analytics and data science
• Bachelor’s degree (required) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other related degree with strong quantitative emphasis