Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
• Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI.
• Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
• Writes and executes complete testing… plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
• Leads a project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
• Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
• Represents the firmware engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development projects.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education And Experience Required
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge And Skills
• Expertise in multiple firmware design tools and languages.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Designing firmware, including interaction and integration with hardware design.
• Firmware testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive