Amazon Dev Center India – Hyd
Hyderabad, Telangana (+1 other)
• 1+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• 2+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
• 2+ years of experience with relational and star schema data modeling concepts
• 1+ years of Big data(Hadoop) experience including one programming language JAVA/PYTHON/SCALA
• Experience in MPP systems such as Redshift, Netezza or Teradata.
• Experience in any big data technologies – Hadoop ecosystem, EMR
Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build big-data solutions that process high volume/velocity financial data in a scalable fashion using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access? If so, this opportunity is for… you!
The Finance Data Engineering team at Amazon is looking for a Data Engineer to play a key role in building their Financial Data Warehouse. We are building near real-time analytical platforms using Open source tools such as Spark, Hadoop, AWS technologies like EMR, SNS, SQS, Lambda, EventBridge, Kinesis Firehose and other internal tools. The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and above all else, is passionate about data and analytics.
As a member of this team, your mission will be to develop, document and support massively scalable, distributed systems supporting data warehouse workloads within Amazon Finance. As a Data Engineer, you’ll focus on solving problems and creating value for customers by building solutions that are reliable and scalable to work with the size and scope of the company.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with a diverse team.
• Applies broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, high performance solution to address the business requirements
• Meets and collaborates with business users on requirements, objectives and measures.
• Implements the technology infrastructure across all technical environments and works on end to end data engineering setup
• Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance
• Designs and plans for the integration for all data engineering components
• Participates in testing of the data design, tool design, data extracts/transforms, networks and hardware selections
• Develops the implementation and operation support plans
• Experience in Python, Big Data and AWS
• Experience in distributed technologies, MPP, data integration, data storage mechanisms
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal