Business Intelligence Senior Advisor
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts at your Performance Analytics Group (PAG) organization. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our data architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
•… Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,. Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability. Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Big Data technologies.
• Support in building analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Engage with peer teams and business stakeholders including on to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.. Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.. Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
• 10+ years overall experience, with 7+ years of relevant experience in a data engineer role.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• Expertise and experience using the following tools & technologies: Advanced knowledge/experience with warehousing/big data environments such as Teradata, Hadoop, GreenPlum. and with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS), Oracle, MemSQL .
• Basic/Intermediate knowledge/experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and stream -processing systems such as Storm, Spark-Streaming.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets. Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets. Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets. Strong project management and organizational skills. Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing Date : 15- Nov -2020
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.