Job Purpose: This is a development lead role in a fast paced technology delivery organization supporting regulatory compliance. This position is part of AML Global Cards Optimization Technology team and will work closely with AML solution development teams, project managers, architecture teams and other stakeholders. The individual should also be able to manage a small team of resources and be responsible for technical design, hands-on development and guiding the team of resources on development activities.
At least 10 -12 years of Application development experience through full lifecycle
Strong Software Development Lifecycle management experience.
Experience with Red Hat Linux and UNIX Bash Shell Scripting.
Mandatory to have strong SQL skills. Good to have experience in No-SQL and datawarehousing.
Core Java will be preferred; however knowledge of any OOP language is required.
Thorough knowledge and hands on experience in Hadoop, Hive, Spark with Scala… and Sqoop and other technologies in Cloudera s CDH distribution.
The right candidate will be expected to be a significant player in the project evolution & deployment shouldering the following responsibilities:
• Contribute to full development life cycle, including: requirements analysis, functional design, technical design, programming, testing, documentation, implementation, and on-going technical support
• Analyse specifications and perform program/database design activities
• Translate business needs into effective technical solutions and documents
• Contribute and lead projects utilizing the Big data and Analytics landscape.
• Nurture talent and contribute towards knowledge development of team.
• Ability and willingness to learn newer tools and technologies in Big data arena and successfully deliver projects utilizing the same.
• Leading team of data engineers and providing guidance and solution on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. The candidate will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the organization.
• Understanding the business requirement, designing ETL process and implement the data analysis framework.
• Responsible for infrastructure that provides insight from raw data and handles diverse sources of data seamlessly
• Work closely with our engineering team to integrate amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
• Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
• Create data catalog, data flow diagrams and interprets data results to business users
• Recognize, communicate & use interdependencies between components in and outside of the group in the new system.
• Work closely with other infrastructure group to understand various technical options available and hardware, software & financial constraints and then accordingly come up with architecture that will be successful.
Opportunities for career growth within Global program that is expanding
Exposure and opportunity to work in cutting edge technologies on Big data, hadoop and Data science projects.
Involve and lead projects involving complex feature-based data algorithms and machine learning
Exposure to AML monitoring processes and cards functional knowledge.
A team with a win-together/lose-together attitude and strong sense of identity and positive culture.
Other skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor s degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
• Candidate should be willing to work late in the evening India time on need basis in order to interact with US onshore team and to meet urgent requests by Clients.
• Exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
• Act as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts;
• Strong influencing & interpersonal skills.
• Strong knowledge in one programming language (Java preferred) or Scala
• Strong experience in Hadoop, hive, SQL, Spark
• Good Experience in Unix Shell Scripting
• Python /Java
• Datawarehousing experience
• AML domain knowledge
BE/B.Tech or MCA
1. Proven ability to work with teams that are geographically separated
2. Should be a self-starter with a high level of initiative.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skill as candidate is expected to work with onshore & near-shore teams
4. Should be able to lead and mentor the team effectively.
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – IN
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .