Big Data Developer
Amdocs Development Center India Pvt. Ltd.
Job ID: 78927
Required Travel :
Who are we
If you re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software systems.
Responsible for one or more specific… modules within a large software system scope
What will your job look like
• You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
• You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable , supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders
• You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
• You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
• You will be encourage to actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
All you need is.
• Key responsibilities:
• Perform Development & Support activites for Data warehousing domain using Big Data Technologies
• Understand High Level Design, Application Interface Design & build Low Level Design. Perform application analysis & propose technical solution for application enhancement or resolve production issues
• Perform Development & Deployment. Should be able to Code, Unit Test & Deploy
• Creation necessary documentation for all project deliverable phases
• Handle Production Issues (Tier 2 Support, weekend on-call rotation) to resolve production issues & ensure SLAs are met
• Technical Skills:
• Should have very clear understanding of hadoop architecture
• 3+ Hands on in Hadoop(Hbase,HDFS,Pig,Hive,Map-reduce)
• Experience in SVN,Build Tools like Ant,Maven etc.
• 3+ Hands on in SQL, Unix & advanced Unix Shell Scripting
• Hands on file transfer mechanism (NDM, sFTP etc)
• Knowledge of Schedulers
• Good to have
• working knowledge of Kafka, Storm, Spark.
• should have working experience of working on datalake environments,.
• should have handled xml, json, structured, fixed-width, un-structured files using custom MR/Pig/Hive, strong analytical thinking.
• Willingness to learn all data warehousing technologies & work out of the comfort zone in other ETL technologies (Datastage, Oracle, Mainframe etc). Hands on working experience is a plus
Why you will love this job:
• You will be challenged with design and develop new software applications
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
• You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies