Big Data Architect
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As businesses, governments and communities become more data driven in their decision making and business operations, demand on the new and innovative data related capabilities are exponentially growing. As trusted advisor to the Chief Data Officer, CIO and Head of Data Program in the enterprises, build compelling value proposition for flexible and futuristic data architecture on enterprise and open source tools. You will define the migration strategy of client’s data & ai workloads to the… cloud of IBM and non IBM providers. You will partner with sector teams, global markets team and all IBM brands to sense, originate, qualify opportunities, and pursue the deals to closure.
• Work closely with the deal teams to shape and solution data programs, continuously engage with key client executives and share IBM solution details, effectively communicate value proposition on the new age big data, data on the cloud stack to help modernize client’s data program.
• Own end to end delivery of, a) large & complex data transformation programs, b) small and nimble data initiatives to realize quick gains, c) work with IBM and Partners to bring the best tools and delivery methods.
• Own the offerings and assets on key components of data supply chain, data governance & curation, data quality and master data management, data integration, data replication, data virtualization, self service interaction for data preparation and testing
• Build key partnerships with top tools, platform and cloud providers.
• Improvise new and innovative data assets and drive it’s adoption to the market.
• Be a thought leader on data supply chain
• Apply knowledge and explain the benefits gained by organizations implementing strategies relating to: Big Data (incorporating Hadoop, and analytics), Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Cloud implementation, and DevOps. Ability to identify product, utilities, and tools commonly used in relation to the topics above.
• Worked in building core data assets of one of the cloud providers
• Familiarity of new and emerging technologies like Edge Computing, with data & workload processing on cloud, edge and devices
• Relationships with various technology providers (e.g. ETL, DV, Data Lake, Reporting and Visualization, API management, Security etc) to build end to end solution satisfying client needs and successful project delivery
• Strong relations in the Indian market with key client decision makers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Someone who has traversed the data journey, having moved the clients through the modernization of data warehouse to data lakes to data operations on the cloud.
• Worked in a third party consulting, service, technology organization for a fair share of the career.
• Consulted clients on aspiration to make them information led decision making business.
• Hands on expertise in building and implementing data architecture for large enterprises.
• Proven deep client relationships and drive the advisory agenda.
• Proven ability to enhance value of an opportunity through new technology
• Ability to run multiple and disparate client conversations, opportunity pursuits, and handle the execution of dynamic practice agenda.
• Should have hired and nurtured talent and grow them in market facing specialists and consultants. Should have built a community of practice on data.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Support both the development of new business opportunities and the delivery of data platform services to clients.
• Deep expertise in applying Analytics for two or more industries (BFSI, Manufacturing, Distribution, Electronics, Oil&Gas etc.)
• Advise clients in the planning, design, management, execution, and reporting of the core components for big data offerings. Skills include: architecture, tool selection, data lake design and implementation
• Advise on Big Data design across multiple platforms with extensive experience on very large data repositories. Skills include: HADOOP Framework, Ecosystem and MapReduce. Experience with one or more of these skills: HDFS, Spark, PySpark, HBase, HIVE, PIG, Solr, Java/C++, SQL, Linux, other large scale data technologies
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
• Category:Data Science
• Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree
• Position Type:Professional
• Employment Type:Full-Time
• Contract Type:Regular
• Company:(0063) IBM India Private Limited
• Req ID:344004BR
• Travel Required:Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
• Location:Mumbai, MM IN