Business Unit Overview
Business Analytics & Research (BA&R), a part of FMR India, is a consulting and insights team that enables business leaders at Fidelity Investments to make informed decisions. The team uses a combination of business & investment research, advanced analytics and decision sciences to solve business problems at the operational, tactical and strategic level. The group has a high focus on leveraging big data and technology to facilitate critical decisions, and is in the process of setting-up a first of its kind big data lab in India. The group houses top talent, with over three-fourths of the associates having a post graduate degree or PhD. The group provides a unique exposure to the financial services industry spanning workplace investing, retail investing, institutional investing, asset management and private equity.
This role involves working with senior stakeholders in understanding and identifying the business requirements… and needs. Developing and implementing advanced analytics approaches including statistical modelling, machine learning algorithms, text mining, web analytics etc. to answer business questions and drive actionable insights.
Individual in this role is expected to work with very large data sets (both structured and unstructured), data cleansing/transformation, feature engineering, apply statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining, design and develop algorithms and define path to implementation with IT teams.
• Comfortable with various data types and structures: structured and unstructured data, static and streaming data, extensive prior experience in integrating data, profiling, validating and cleansing data
• Should possess extensive knowledge of and experience in applying data mining and machine learning techniques in a professional context
• High level of proficiency in statistical tools like SAS, R
• Expertise in programming languages like Java/C/C++/Python
• Experience with relational databases and SQL is a must
• Relevant experience in Big Data platforms like Hadoop and its eco-system
• Candidate will be expected to communicate analytical results in a way that is meaningful for business stakeholders and provides actionable insights.
• Have the ability to discover new opportunities where advanced analytical techniques can be leveraged for solving business problems
• Effective communication
• Ability to influence stakeholders
Education and Experience
• 3-6 years of relevant experience with an organization known for its cutting edge/ best-in-class applicability of advanced analytics and predictive modeling techniques
• Master’s Degree / PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Operations Research)
Business Analytics and Insights