Accountant – Statutory Accounting
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is looking to hire a Statutory Accountant to be a part of its world class Accounting and Finance Organization. The position requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. You are versatile, analytical, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, a strong communicator and collaborator. You are responsible for the end to end process of preparing the local GAAP… financial statements for Snowflake international entities (other than US) and getting them audited by external auditors. You should be up to date with the latest developments in accounting standards (primarily IFRS) and you should plan in advance for the possible impact of new / revision in the accounting standard on the Snowflake legal entities that you manage. You ensure that the US GAAP and local GAAP books are periodically reconciled and GAAP difference entries are recorded accurately and timely. You will provide recommendations to improve accounting processes and systems by the utilization of broad accounting and business knowledge to identify accounting issues and opportunities. You will collaborate closely with the corporate global accounting operations team on accounting matters. You will also participate in important projects which have an impact on the local GAAP accounting. You will also maintain effective internal controls and ensure accounting activities are GAAP compliant.
• Drafting Financial Statement and Notes to Accounts in accordance with local GAAP and compliant to internal policies
• Conversion of US GAAP trial balances to local GAAP or IFRS trial balances.
• Ensure that US GAAP and local GAAP account balances are periodically reconciled, and GAAP differences are adequately explained
• Ensure that entries in the local GAAP ERP are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
• Drafting and reviewing Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
• Closely coordinate with the tax team for supplying information required for estimating interim / final tax provision.
• Prepare audit time table and agree with the external auditors
• Standardize and issue prepared by client (PBC) list
• Proactively communicate audit timelines to all the respective stakeholders, set expectation on timelines and monitor the progress of the audit
• Ensure the audit queries are addressed to and drive audit to closure.
• Drive the Statutory filing process – Filing of certified annual financial statements and all required documents with local statutory agencies
• Performing book closure of Statutory books at regular intervals .
• Owning and performing the STPI compliances for India
• Computation of income taxes (including advance taxes) for India
• Computation of transfer pricing revenue for the local entities
• Engage and collaborate with global accounting operations teams and cross functional business partners such as Tax, HR, Legal, Compliance.
• Create process documentation namely Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and update them at regular intervals.
• Ensure the files / folders are saved at the right place for ease of retrieval. Ensure data is backed up on a real time basis.
• Doing research and impact analysis of new amendments in relation to accounting standards, income taxes and companies act.
• Chartered Accountant with a bachelor’s degree
• 2 – 4 years’ experience with a multinational company or an accounting firm.
• IFRS Qualification/Experience is desirable.
• Hands on experience on Workday ERP and Workiva is desirable
• In-depth knowledge of Accounting standards, IFRS, Audit methodologies and execution.
• Well versed with the month end close process
• Working knowledge of Corporate taxes and Transfer pricing is desirable
• Outstanding oral communication, analytical and written skills.
• Required to work shifts to overlap with US time zones on critical days of month / quarter / year end close
• Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
• Attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
• The person should be highly energetic; able to drive projects independently; be a team player
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Proactive and problem solving attitude
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact